- Tourist visa
- Business visa
- Visitor visa
- Transit visa
- Project Visa
- Journalist visa
- Student visa X1 up to 180 days
- Student visa X2 over 180 days
- Exchange visa F
- Journalist visa up to 180 days
- Journalist visa over 180 days
- Student visa
China tourist visa is required for citizens of Norway.
1. Foreign citizens who are scheduled for direct flights from the United States to China should take COVID-19 nucleic acid tests within 3 days of boarding a plane. For instance, if a passenger is to board on October 10, the issuance date of the certificate should be between October 7 and 10.
The negative certificate needs to be emailed or submitted to the Chinese Embassy or Consulates General in the U.S. according to the consular jurisdiction that the testing facility belongs to (map, consular jurisdiction of the Consulate-General in Houston) once it is issued (no later than 24 hours before boarding in the U.S.), along with the scanned copy of the valid passport information page and the signed health declaration (see the attachment below the notice):
• Embassy in the United States (temporarily taken over the work of the Consulate-General in Houston): firstname.lastname@example.org
• Consulate General in New York: email@example.com
• Consulate General in San Francisco: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Consulate General in Los Angeles: Please click here to submit online
• Consulate General in Chicago: email@example.com
It usually takes one business day to process the health declaration. If the certificate submitted needs to be verified with the issuing agency, the processing time will be extended accordingly. After approval, the scanned copy of the health declaration will be emailed back to the passenger and needs to be printed out and carried throughout the journey. The health declaration is valid through the third day after the issuance date of the nucleic acid test certificate. Passengers are advised to travel before it expires and be prepared for checking by the airlines before boarding.
2. Foreign citizens who are to fly from the U.S. to China and transit in a third country or region shall follow the requirements stated in the notice on August 12. However, starting from September 15, the COVID-19 nucleic acid tests should be taken within THREE days before boarding in the transit country. For instance, if a passenger is to board on October 10, the issuance date of the negative certificate should be between October 7 and 10.
3. Foreign citizens who are to transit in the U.S. before flying to China shall present to the airlines a Health Declaration Form, which shall be verified by the Chinese Embassy or Consulates in the country of departure.
4. Foreign citizens are advised to confirm with an eligible institution or hospital on the issuing date of the negative report before scheduling a trip. The Chinese Embassy and Consulates General have not designated specific institutions to perform the nucleic acid test. Test result certificates issued by eligible medical or testing institutions are currently accepted. At present, only the COVID-19 nucleic acid RT-PCR Test negative report is accepted - antibody tests or serology tests аrе NОТ accepted.
To apply for a travel visa to China requires the following documents:
Embassy of China in the Norway offers visa processing of 10 business days.
Take advantage of our extensive embassy and consular database to find the nearest one. Upon contacting the embassy confirm the required documents, the time it takes to process the visa and whether the consulate accepts applications by mail.